Here's what made top news on our site during 2011. Amusingly, very little had at to do with world events I'd consider somewhat more important.
10. First World Pains.
9. Woman Injured Having Sex on Business Trip Wants Workers Compensation.
8. Steve Jobs Wasn't Great; He Wasn't Even Close.
7. Throne Up: The Royal Wedding Sick Bag.
6. Girl's Facebook Status: "Im so sick of boys being such dicks".
5. Euthanasia Roller Coaster.
4. Watch Out for Cold Calling Scammers from Online PC Care.
3. Go the Fuck to Sleep: A Children's Bedtime Book.
2. The Exorcist Parody Dirt Devil Commercial.
And the top news item for 2011 was:
|www.capnasty.org is Back|
|Happy Birthday, CON.CA|
|CON.CA Now Available on Google Currents|
|Comments Have Been Permanently Disabled|
|Gira Lab Universal Timer|
|“Long live the instant gratification economy—and the increasingly sophisticated technology that’s enabling it.”|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|“The robot age is nothing to be worried about.”|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|Why, Typewriters Are Alive and Well, Thank you|
|“What jobs will be created and what jobs will disappear?”|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|“Authoritarianism depends upon people getting used to hearing the things that they want to hear.”|
|“Computer algorithms increasingly control and decide our future.”|
|“Robots are key to a new wave of local agriculture.”|