If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|The Forgotten Stash|
|"John Deere is the largest operator of autonomous vehicles."|
|The Future of the Pneumatic Will be Airless|
|“A driverless car might seem a sinister invention to some people – but it isn’t going to rape you.”|
|How A $500 Craigslist Car Beat $400K Rally Racers|
|“What life is like on the front lines of the digital revolution.”|
|“How to build a house.”|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|Humans Need Not Apply|
|“It is full of hallucinations both wonderful and terrifying, a mental goulash of reality and fantasy.”|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|“Instead of consuming fossil fuels, it would then feed surplus electricity into the grid.”|
|Knowing how to operate a smartphone does not qualify as being tech savvy.|
|"Acting better than Star Trek deserves."|
|When the Wrong Hastag Can Get You Killed by an Assassination Drone|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|