If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|"Should they teach the cars how to commit infractions from time to time to stay out of trouble?"|
|How to Change a Flat Tire, While Still Driving the Car|
|'Road trains' get ready to roll|
|Roads Capable of Harnessing Solar Energy|
|The End of Driving|
|Fast, Clean, Cost-Effective Metal 3D-Printing|
|“Robots should be fitted with an 'ethical black box' to keep track of their decisions.”|
|Making a Movie Inside a Video Game|
|"A real-time surveillance machine that has been developed for online advertising is rapidly expanding into other fields."|
|"You only need about 100 miles by 100 miles of solar panels to power the entire United States."|
|"Warp drives could become a real technology within the lifetimes of today’s toddlers."|
|Iron Star Civilizations|
|"State borders are a lot weirder than they first appear."|
|Google Map Shows You the Most Photographed Areas of the World|
|“An unfolding 'Cambrian Explosion' in robotics.”|