If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|Teaching Dogs How to Drive Cars #DrivingDogs|
|The Story About the Truck Driver You Flipped Off Last Week|
|Sugah Tyres, Baby|
|“Self-driving semi truck just drove from Los Angeles to Jacksonville.”|
|"A cross breed between a freight tram and an electric lorry."|
|“We estimate the dynamical lifetime of the Tesla to be a few tens of millions of years.”|
|"What if plant cells could be grown for food by regular people."|
|“Facebook is a declining power.”|
|The 24 Carrot Cake|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|"Automation will disrupt millions of Canadian jobs, not far in the future, but in the next dozen years."|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|“What happens when anyone can make it appear as if anything has happened, regardless of whether or not it did?"|
|Fake Name Generator|
|“We are considering public transport free of charge in order to reduce the number of private cars.”|