If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|How to drive a Hummer in Iraq|
|Sugah Tyres, Baby|
|Self-Driving Car Built in a Month for About $1,000|
|A Buffalo: the Next Best Thing to a Hummer|
|The Hayabusa Reverse Trike|
|“The greatest economic crisis of our age: the one still awaiting us.”|
|"Cells have the capacity to process and respond to instructions and codes inputted into their main system."|
|Making a Movie Inside a Video Game|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|“If you don’t remember any of these countries from geography class, you’re not alone.”|
|Google Map Shows You the Most Photographed Areas of the World|
|“Clicking on a Facebook advert may reveal things about yourself you don’t want anyone to know.”|
|“Any person, organization or government serious about web security should return to plain-text.”|
|"They’ve managed to plant, tend, and harvest an acre and a half of barley using only autonomous vehicles."|
|“Instead of consuming fossil fuels, it would then feed surplus electricity into the grid.”|