If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|Cellphone Use While Driving Endeangers Relationships, Not Safety|
|Just Add Sun|
|Functional Wooden Cadillac|
|Nissan gives silent electric cars 'Blade Runner' appeal|
|Can a Ceiling Fan be Converted into a Turbine Generator?|
|“But what about when those technologies destroy the environment?”|
|“The rich do not live like this. The rich have grown afraid of screens.”|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|What Nothing Really Means in Seinfeld|
|Fake Name Generator|
|U.S.S. Enterprise Owner's Manual|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|“It's not more expensive to build and it's hugely cheaper and more efficient to live in.”|
|If Sir David Attenborough Restored Vintage Toys|
|Naked Preacher Lady [NSFW]|