The Structure Sensor is a Kinect-like device that, when strapped to a mobile device, allows for 3D scanning, mapping and a variety of application, including games. The device is still in the developing stages but it wouldn't surprise me if in a few years such a feature will come standard with most smartphones.
The Structure Sensor is the world?s first 3D sensor for mobile devices. It gives mobile devices anew sense the ability to not just capture the world as two-dimensional images, but to actuallyunderstand it in three dimensions.
This enables a completely new set of mobile applications, including:
· 3D mapping of indoor spaces for instant measurements and virtual redecoration.
· Augmented reality (AR) games where virtual objects interact precisely with the geometryof the physical world, including occlusions.
· 3D object scanning for 3D content creation with no knowledge of CAD required.
· Body scanning for fitness tracking and virtual clothes fitting.
· Virtual reality games using 3D environments imported from the real world.
Unlike previous 3D sensors, which were designed to connect to game consoles and computers,the Structure Sensor has been designed from the ground up to go mobile: compact dimensions,mobile-optimized range, no external power source required for operation, and a precisionbracket that lets it quickly and securely attach to an Apple iPad with Lightning connector.
|Star Trek Pillow Set|
|Why the Price of Products Often Ends in '.99'|
|The "SSL Added and Removed Here! :)" Shirt|
|“A driverless electric truck began daily freight deliveries on a public road.”|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|U.S.S. Enterprise Owner's Manual|
|Recycled Vacuum Lamps|
|Naked Preacher Lady [NSFW]|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|Fake Name Generator|
|Creepstream: Looking at Insecure Camera Feeds From Around the World|
|iPhone 6, the First Smartphone to Disrupt NSA's Spying|
|“A new residential building under construction will feature a flying car skyport on the roof.”|
|Vintage Mobile Phones|
|“You can often hide from an AI video system with the aid of a simple color printout.”|