Here's what made top news on our site during 2011. Amusingly, very little had at to do with world events I'd consider somewhat more important.
10. First World Pains.
9. Woman Injured Having Sex on Business Trip Wants Workers Compensation.
8. Steve Jobs Wasn't Great; He Wasn't Even Close.
7. Throne Up: The Royal Wedding Sick Bag.
6. Girl's Facebook Status: "Im so sick of boys being such dicks".
5. Euthanasia Roller Coaster.
4. Watch Out for Cold Calling Scammers from Online PC Care.
3. Go the Fuck to Sleep: A Children's Bedtime Book.
2. The Exorcist Parody Dirt Devil Commercial.
And the top news item for 2011 was:
|CON.CA Now Available on Google Currents|
|Our RSS feed now works|
|Happy Birthday, CON.CA|
|“There’s now a very large dataset of carefully curated photos of people from roughly 10 years ago and now.”|
|Folding Laundry Without Arms or Legs|
|“[T]here has never been this kind of financial incentive to make shorter songs.”|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|Recycled Vacuum Lamps|
|“A short cut through spacetime allowing for travel over cosmic scale distances in a short period.”|
|“If you fell asleep in 1945 and woke up in 2018 you would not recognize the world around you.”|
|Google Map Shows You the Most Photographed Areas of the World|
|“The very fact that apps – like a period tracker or an LED flashlight [app] – share data with Facebook will come as a surprise to many people.”|