Here's what made top news on our site during 2011. Amusingly, very little had at to do with world events I'd consider somewhat more important.
10. First World Pains.
9. Woman Injured Having Sex on Business Trip Wants Workers Compensation.
8. Steve Jobs Wasn't Great; He Wasn't Even Close.
7. Throne Up: The Royal Wedding Sick Bag.
6. Girl's Facebook Status: "Im so sick of boys being such dicks".
5. Euthanasia Roller Coaster.
4. Watch Out for Cold Calling Scammers from Online PC Care.
3. Go the Fuck to Sleep: A Children's Bedtime Book.
2. The Exorcist Parody Dirt Devil Commercial.
And the top news item for 2011 was:
|Reader's Pool: Results|
|We (Almost) Never Reply to Emails|
|Merry Christmas & Happy New Year|
|Our RSS feed now works|
|I Broke Google Fonts|
|“What jobs will be created and what jobs will disappear?”|
|Gira Lab Universal Timer|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|Boston Dynamics' Robot does Parkour|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|“Long live the instant gratification economy—and the increasingly sophisticated technology that’s enabling it.”|
|Why, Typewriters Are Alive and Well, Thank you|
|“Computer algorithms increasingly control and decide our future.”|
|“Robots are key to a new wave of local agriculture.”|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|“Authoritarianism depends upon people getting used to hearing the things that they want to hear.”|