No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:
1. They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.
2. Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as the do so - okay Windows does that.
3. Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay Windows does that too.
4. Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. Sigh... Windows does that, too.
5. Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with Windows, too.
Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences. Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become more sophisticated as ther mature. So Windows is not a virus.
It's a bug.
|Shit That Siri Says|
|Google's Artificial Brain Recognizes Cat Videos All On Its Own|
|"It's like an atomic bomb: cool to have, but can not be applied."|
|NEVER COMMENT LIKE THIS ON GOOGLE AGAIN|
|“The race is on to create lab-grown meat products.”|
|“Google Owns 28% of Your Brain.”|
|“If the tech industry gets its way, none of your stuff will be yours anymore.”|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|“A novel experiment by a government to work with journalists and educators to combat the spread of online misinformation.”|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|“We’ve received requests to add some artificial noise to the buses so that people can hear them.”|
|Bird Shit Advertising|
|“When Life Gives You Lemons.”|
|Darth Vader Surfing|
|Pat the Zombie: A Cruel Adult Spoof of 'Pat the Bunny'|