No, Windows is not a virus. Here's what viruses do:
1. They replicate quickly - okay, Windows does that.
2. Viruses use up valuable system resources, slowing down the system as the do so - okay Windows does that.
3. Viruses will, from time to time, trash your hard disk - okay Windows does that too.
4. Viruses are usually carried, unknown to the user, along with valuable programs and systems. Sigh... Windows does that, too.
5. Viruses will occasionally make the user suspect their system too slow (see 2) and the user will buy new hardware. Yup, that's with Windows, too.
Until now it seems Windows is a virus but there are fundamental differences. Viruses are well supported by their authors, are running on most systems, their program code is fast, compact and efficient and they tend to become more sophisticated as ther mature. So Windows is not a virus.
It's a bug.
|What Happens When Your Laptop is Seized at the Border|
|Los Alamos National Labs Has Been Running a Quantum Internet for 2 Years|
|Canadian University Showcases Flexible Paper Computer|
|Windows XP Death Countdown|
|Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal What the Fuck Quetzal|
|“China’s unmanned stores allow people to live their lives with almost zero human contact.”|
|“Like a gigantic version of something you’d find in Toys 'R' Us.”|
|“If that fly on the wall is actually a fly.”|
|Building an AR-15 Rifle Using a 3D Printer|
|iotacons: Pixelated Art by Andy Rash|
|Will Powell Builds His Own Google Project Glass With Existing Technology|
|“These days, the children don’t play at break time anymore.”|
|Ubuntu 17.10 Artful "What the Fuck" Aardvark|
|Dutch Engineer Flies Using Custom-Built Bird Wings|
|Robots Make Another Victim: Sport Journalists|
|“He says he tries to use Facebook as little as possible, and that his children aren’t allowed to use that shit.”|
|“Millions of Americans are hassled to pay back money they don’t owe.”|