If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|"Who would buy a car programmed to sacrifice the owner?"|
|Ken Block's Gymkhana Five: San Francisco, the Ultimate Urban Playground|
|Every New Car Will Be a Hybrid|
|Countdown Traffic Light Concept|
|"In recent years, there has been a considerable decline in the percentage of teenagers with a driver’s license."|
|“Eliminating the time needed to stop and re-charge a conventional electric car’s battery.”|
|“That science fiction future where robots can do what people and animals do may be closer than you think.”|
|“Nobody is forcing the participants to stay, of course, but if they leave, they won’t be paid.”|
|Making a Movie Inside a Video Game|
|“This 160-step biochemical process is very well studied, and surprisingly inefficient.”|
|“We’re going to start to see chip implants get the same realm of acceptance as piercings and tattoos.”|
|“Our Internet handlers, not government, are using operant conditioning to modify our behaviour today.”|
|Google Map Shows You the Most Photographed Areas of the World|
|“During this phase of decline, the US was likely to go through a phase of reactionary 'fascism'.”|
|“The shift from fuel and pistons to batteries and electric motors is unlikely to take that long.”|
|“The algorithm chose; Max attended.”|
|“After 78 years, the helicopter has been reinvented.”|