If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|"The biggest challenges facing automated cars is blending them into a world in which humans don’t behave by the book."|
|Tesla's Now Go Park By Themselves and Can Be Summoned Back to You|
|Lamborghini That Transforms into Sideswipe Built Out of LEGOs|
|“The shift from fuel and pistons to batteries and electric motors is unlikely to take that long.”|
|The Police Car of 2012|
|“Changes to the platform announced by Zuckerberg, will likely make the problem worse.”|
|“AI codes its own ‘AI Child’.”|
|“World's first passenger drone.”|
|Ubuntu 17.10 Artful "What the Fuck" Aardvark|
|Pat the Zombie: A Cruel Adult Spoof of 'Pat the Bunny'|
|“I can’t wait for the day robots rule.”|
|“The e-Palette, a vehicle that may one day not only deliver, but cook Pizza Hut offerings en route.”|
|“The first-ever driverless mass transit test program.”|
|How to Escape Planet Earth|
|“The idea is to extract value from customers in the name of absurd growth.”|
|“Some of us will do anything to be liked.”|
|“Automation doesn't have to be a replacement for human workers.”|