If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|The Physics Behind Traffic Jams|
|I Sold Everything To Buy A Lamborghini And Drive Across The Country|
|The Volkswagen Fanwagen Facebook Van|
|Flat-Packed Wooden Go-Kart Kit|
|“Nissan’s R&D chief believes the truly driverless car [...] is an unreachable short-term goal.”|
|"The world has lost its last shot at staving off dangerous global warming."|
|How to Build a 4 Barrelled Rocket Launcher|
|"I made a self driving potato."|
|Schools Monitoring Students' Social Media Feeds|
|WannaCry is Childsplay Compared to This|
|"They don't want to believe that their own intelligence is deterministic."|
|“Drone carrying defibrillators could begin operating in Sweden.”|
|"Is meant to produce more energy than it consumes."|
|“Making paper out of stone.”|
|“It’s not something you would expect to see there and not something we’ve seen there before.”|
|A Simple Task for CRISPR|
|“We have to forget steel as a core employer.”|