If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|“Nissan’s R&D chief believes the truly driverless car [...] is an unreachable short-term goal.”|
|"Today’s announcement shows how quickly the market is shifting."|
|“A flexible fuel cell electric platform with autonomous capabilities.”|
|A Porsche with 10,000 Bullet Holes|
|Insane 6x6 Off-Road Truck by Mercedes|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|The Pirate Supply Store|
|“A dystopian vision of the future is already happening in China.”|
|“The world’s first hydrogen-powered train.”|
|“When Life Gives You Lemons.”|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|“Google isn’t liable because it is nothing and nowhere and endless.”|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|Why, Typewriters Are Alive and Well, Thank you|
|“Rejuvenation is Finally an Industry.”|
|“The first-ever driverless mass transit test program.”|