If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|Public Service Announcement: Drive Recklessly|
|Ken Block's Gymkhana|
|Just Add Sun|
|The Volkswagen Fanwagen Facebook Van|
|Garbage Sorting Robot|
|"There’s a galactic gold rush brewing."|
|Making a Movie Inside a Video Game|
|Fast, Clean, Cost-Effective Metal 3D-Printing|
|“What if energy generation was a consumer electronic you could order off Amazon?”|
|"A helpful guide created by an unqualified individual."|
|Google Map Shows You the Most Photographed Areas of the World|
|"You only need about 100 miles by 100 miles of solar panels to power the entire United States."|
|“Robots should be fitted with an 'ethical black box' to keep track of their decisions.”|
|"An unabashed love letter to the 1982 motion picture Blade Runner."|