If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|The Forgotten Stash|
|Alternative Fuels: A Coke and Mentos Powered Car|
|How Not to Exit a Parking Lot|
|People Doing Stupid Things With Tesla's Autopilot|
|Ontario's 10 Most Memorable Roads|
|“You become more difficult for an algorithm to understand, market to, or manipulate.”|
|"The machine had gotten inside the human’s head."|
|"You could be targeted for ads for things you don’t even realize that you like."|
|Smart Solar Panel Window Blinds|
|"Low-cost solar and human-powered vehicle."|
|Princess Leia’s Stolen Death Star Plans|
|"The most automated warehouse of its kind"|
|"How will that impact human evolution going forward?"|
|"Maybe someone liked my stuff."|
|"Contact could mean extraordinary things for humanity if it happens soon."|
|Changing the Oil of Your Car is so Easy, Even a Kid Can Do It|