If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|Every New Car Will Be a Hybrid|
|How We Built A 638 HP LS9 Engine For A Corvette ZR1|
|Nissan gives silent electric cars 'Blade Runner' appeal|
|"If we're 100 years into the automobile era, it seems pretty inconceivable that the car as we know it is going to be around for another 100 years."|
|“A company headquartered in Toronto runs a successful affordable mobile phone service in the US.”|
|“Civilisation is a movement, and not a condition, a voyage and not a harbour.”|
|“Inhibiting this pathway has extended life span in every species studies to date.”|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|Why, Typewriters Are Alive and Well, Thank you|
|Somebody Needs to Build a New Facebook Stat|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|“Artificial intelligence can detect your sexuality and politics just by looking at your face.”|
|Bizarre Record Covers|
|“Forget everything you were taught about having your phone out at the table — you'll need it to call the robots that serve you.”|