If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|“Ride sharing is pulling from and not complementing public transportation.”|
|How We Built A 638 HP LS9 Engine For A Corvette ZR1|
|"Waymo is reportedly planning to take the next step towards offering a commercial driverless car service in early December."|
|“A short cut through spacetime allowing for travel over cosmic scale distances in a short period.”|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|Time Lapse of Planet Earth as Seen from the Space Station|
|“If you fell asleep in 1945 and woke up in 2018 you would not recognize the world around you.”|
|Read Advice People Wish They Had at Your Age|
|“Reliably bottling up miniature stars, inside complex machines on Earth, demands otherworldly amounts of patience.”|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|Recycled Vacuum Lamps|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|Facebook, Twitter Users Could Face Insurance Hikes|
|Walking Car Concept|
|Timelapse of a Tesla Model 3 Being Made|