If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|Urine Smell: Tales Of Public Transit|
|1:1 Scale Model Parts Tree of 1959 Aston Martin|
|"The biggest challenges facing automated cars is blending them into a world in which humans don’t behave by the book."|
|How A $500 Craigslist Car Beat $400K Rally Racers|
|"We think that it’s a service to the community to know if you’re a crazy driver or not."|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|“The deadlines aren't the problem. It's our failure to heed them.”|
|“The idea of the self-empowered Uber driver or Airbnb host is a rarity if not an outright myth.”|
|Recycled Vacuum Lamps|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|“A mass of meat, ready for human consumption, with no brain or wings or feet.”|
|“Impossible Aerospace founder and CEO Spencer Gore hopes to make self-flying electric planes.”|
|U.S.S. Enterprise Owner's Manual|
|Naked Preacher Lady [NSFW]|
|“World’s largest floatplane-only airline [...] to become an electrically powered airline.”|
|“We are undergoing the greatest economic transformation in our history, and we are dealing with it by pretending nothing is happening.”|