If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|"30 percent of the cost of a car is the cost of distribution."|
|Just Add Sun|
|“Eliminating the time needed to stop and re-charge a conventional electric car’s battery.”|
|Every New Car Will Be a Hybrid|
|"In many ways, modern cars are computer networks on wheels. "|
|“The direction of the cost of storage is less clear and depends on metals prices.”|
|“The era of climate wars has begun.”|
|Facebook, Twitter Users Could Face Insurance Hikes|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|The (Very Scary) People of Public Transit|
|“Bias, error, and misuse of Artificial Intelligence technologies.”|
|“We need to make algorithms transparent, regulated, and forgiving of the flawed creatures that converse with them.”|
|Naked Preacher Lady [NSFW]|
|Boardwalk Empire: Time Lapse Video|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|Fake Name Generator|