If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|How Proper Car Typography Can Make Driving Safer|
|A Porsche with 10,000 Bullet Holes|
|The Volkswagen Fanwagen Facebook Van|
|"It’s the second-most expensive thing you buy after your home."|
|"30 percent of the cost of a car is the cost of distribution."|
|“Robots should be fitted with an 'ethical black box' to keep track of their decisions.”|
|"A helpful guide created by an unqualified individual."|
|"A real-time surveillance machine that has been developed for online advertising is rapidly expanding into other fields."|
|Making a Movie Inside a Video Game|
|"An unabashed love letter to the 1982 motion picture Blade Runner."|
|Fast, Clean, Cost-Effective Metal 3D-Printing|
|"You only need about 100 miles by 100 miles of solar panels to power the entire United States."|
|"Warp drives could become a real technology within the lifetimes of today’s toddlers."|
|"State borders are a lot weirder than they first appear."|
|Iron Star Civilizations|