If you're like me, debating whether an oil change is something you can do or if it should be left to the experts, this how-to video will show you how to do it. The girl doing it looks about 5, so pretty sure I could do it too. More videos here.
How to do an oil change for your car! The car being worked on in this video is a 2013 Nissan Juke. The steps are pretty much the same though regardless of your own car model.
1) Either use a car ramp or a jack to lift the car up. If you use a jack, make sure you use some wheel chocks to prevent the car from rolling and always use a jack stand for extra protection.
2) Put some newspaper down to protect the ground from splashing oil. Position your oil pan underneath and then unscrew the plug.
3) Let the oil drain. Eat a cookie.
4) Unscrew the oil filter. Check to make sure the rubber gasket comes off with it.
5) Put in the new oil filter and screw the drain plug back it.
6) Using a funnel to prevent spillage, pour the new oil into the engine. If you're not sure how much to put in, use the oil dipstick to check.
7) You're done! Now just remember to bring your old oil back to be recycled.
|I Sold Everything To Buy A Lamborghini And Drive Across The Country|
|Ontario's 10 Most Memorable Roads|
|2011 Dodge Charger Commercial: The Future of Driving|
|100 Cars Alarm Symphony|
|The End of Driving|
|“Astronomers have sent a radio message to a neighbouring star system.”|
|“When automation starts displacing lawyers, accountants and bankers, then we might see some push-back.”|
|“A photograph of the last male northern white rhinoceros.”|
|“A fraudster poses as an attractive woman and encourages a man to masturbate in front of a webcam.”|
|“The homemade airplane does indeed fly!”|
|How to Avoid Jury Duty|
|CaptchaTweet: Write Tweets in Captcha Form|
|“Semis, not personal cars, are the smartest use of autonomous technology.”|
|Japanese Robot Serves Ice Cream From Inside a Vending Machine|
|“Facebook has contributed to, and profited from, the erosion of democratic norms in the United States.”|
|“The education industry as a whole is a con.”|
|Short Story of Similar Objects|